I just had an epiphany.
So I always thought, wow life is going to be so weird when I get married. Because I won't be 'sparky' anymore. I'll have this whole other name. And I've decided that no other name makes a good nickname. I mean, "skim" is alright I suppose...it's at least a real word. "slee" is weird. And then "ch" names like "schang" or "schong" or "scho" just don't work.
You just can't beat "spark". *sigh*
But I just got an email from my cousin, who hyphenated her name after marriage. (Not that I really want to do that because it's too confusing, not to mention long). So her email pops up as Lee-Chong. So then I was thinking...clearly I'm going to have to marry a Lee so that if you take the Park-Lee, my new nickname becomes "sparkly". Which is still sort of gay, but Hannah likes to call me that, and it's still clever. Or at least better than "skim" or "slee".
OK, it sounded a lot cooler in my head...
No comments:
Post a Comment