Monday, December 27, 2004

my relationship with my dad in a nutshell

Every time we talk on the phone - which used to be an average of twice a week - my dad would end the conversation with "and stop eating at McDonald's, it makes you fat".

Now, the only time I really eat at McDonald's is when I'm on the road between Boston and NY, or coming back from a tournament and that's the only place we can stop. In fact, I think the last time I ate at McDonald's was over the summer, on the drive down to NY with my Budget truck and Grace. That was August.

BUT, apparently there isn't anything good to nag about so it always comes back to this McDonald's thing. So on Sunday after my dad and I went to do the homeless feeding thing, he and his friends always go to eat breakfast and have a meeting about their wheelchair foundation thing together. And every week, they meet at: McDonald's.

(Is anyone else seeing the irony here??)

So he takes me TO McDonald's, orders for me, and then when we sit down to eat, proceeds to tell me "stop eating at McDonald's, it makes you fat".

That pretty much sums up my relationship with my dad.

WHY ARE ALL THE KOREAN MEN IN MY LIFE SO DIFFICULT???

I swear, I'm going to launch a pre-emptive strike on Rich one of these days. But I should be getting crusty before he does. My boys will one day turn into difficult crusty old korean men...*sigh* I hope I'm dead by then.

Freaking McDonald's...it's so retarded I actually find it funny.

No comments: