Thursday, December 16, 2004

it's just me against the world

"it's that time of year
Christmas time is here
and with the blessings from above
God sends you his love and everything's ok
Merry Christmas Happy holidays"

Inspired by Linda's post awhile back, I downloaded 'N Sync's "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" last night. Grace (my roommate) made fun of me, but hey...Mariah's overplayed by radio stations everywhere. This morning as I was playing it on repeat, I realized why I like this song - it could totally be Korean. It reminds of SM Town's "Jingle Bells" remix in...1999? Who's with me on this?

Everything's not ok, but whatever. At least they're in tune.

Good: We're getting a piano! 6J is moving and giving away their really old but play-able piano. Just when I needed a new hobby, excellent.
Bad: We spent a half hour+ trying to get it into the apt. and failed. The hallway is too narrow by the doorway, and we broke the dolly-esque thing that was supporting it. Ball bearings everywhere - it was like a 2.72 problem on crack gone wrong. Poor piano, I hope it's not broken...

Good: I tried to be nice and support independent business owners today as a tribute to my parents. (Not that they deserve any tributes these days, but I'm way too soft and no matter how hard I try to be spiteful I just can't. Rawr me). So I went to this small shoe shine place outside the gym this morning to buy an umbrella.
Bad: The guy hovers over my shoulder, I pick one out, we go to the register and I ask if he takes credit card. They don't. It costs $25 and I only have $23 in my wallet. And he wasn't even nice about it. No "I'm sorry, we don't take plastic", no smile, no nothing. If he had just been nice, I would have hiked 2 blocks over to the ATM and pulled out cash to buy it - but forget it. I'll get the exact same product cheaper at a department store.

Good: I got off the train and the bus came within 10 minutes.
Bad: About 1/3 of the way to work, there's a stupid oil truck thing taking up most of the road in a small street. The bus driver stops, pulls out a paper and starts reading. We twiddle our thumbs waiting for the guy to move. He doesn't. After awhile, I get off the bus and start walking. 3 blocks later, I see the bus pass me by. It was a cold day to walk to work.

Observations as of late:
*I miss my Boston friends.
*I'm getting sick.
*Sleeping <5 hrs/night repeatedly is bad.
*Rich is a good kid.
*Cursing can be therapeutic sometimes.
*It's very hard to write Christmas cards to people you're upset at.
*Tuna Helper is white people's ramen. It's instant, it's easy, so good, but so bad for you.

No comments: