Sunday, December 26, 2004

realizations and resolutions

I forgot that Pastor John preaches really long sermons. Particularly around the holidays when there's one one service therefore no time limit. Today's sermon: 1 hour 10 minutes.

I think I lost him after the 20 min intro...sad. But what I thoroughly enjoyed today was the worship - and as much as the hymns and classical accompaniment at Redeemer is growing on me...there's nothing like some good old-fashioned Asian praise music. I really need to find a Korean church. *sigh*

I had lunch with HyeJu today. She said something interesting...my relationship with my parents would be much better if I just had a boyfriend. (Well, one that they approved of, of course). But seriously - all the conflict around here just boils down to variations on a theme (as dpark would say). If my dad wasn't proud of my Taekwondo accomplishments, he wouldn't have a 24x36 blown up picture of my knockout kick framed and hung. But in the end it's just about being worried that I'm not going to get married and live happily ever after (and we may or may not have differing views on happiness) - and that x, y, or z is going to stand in the way. So perhaps I ought to be more actively searching...though I still stick by my theory that if we all talked more to God, things would progress much more than just discussing amongst ourselves.

My dad is a good man. Waking up at 6am to go feed the homeless with him this morning was sure difficult - but it was cool seeing the ministry and the hearts that served.

New Years' Resolutions, an ongoing list:

*I will take my vitamins every day.
*I will find a Korean church in NY that I can commit to attending and being a part of.
*I will call my parents regularly and be patient in listening to them.
*I will visit home more than once.
*I will make a concerted effort to meet more people. In particular (*sigh*) Korean male people.


No comments: